The following are excerpts from Trinity, Palmetto Point, St. Kitts. Register for the Parish of Trinity, Palmeto Point, commencing May 11, 1756, in Vere Langford Oliver, ed., Caribbeana: Miscellaneous Papers Relating to the History, Genealogy, Topography, and Antiquities of the British West Indies, n.d. (Additional Phipps references are included in this book beyond those below.)
Trinity Palmetto Point Parish is one of the 14 parishes of St. Kitts and Nevis. Palmetto Point is the parish capital.
One of the villages is called Conphipps, more commonly written as Con Phipps. One web page refers to it not as a village per se, but as an estate, meaning a large commercialized agricultural landholding. Con Phipps, which is also called The Walk or Walks, is on St. Thomas Middle Island.
Family Search Standard Finder refers to it as “Con Phipp’s Estate,” but that standard doesn’t appear to actually be standard. Was Con Phipps named for Constantine Phipps?
1796 – July 2 – Ann Phipps Elizabeth d. of Joseph Phipps and Penelope Esdaile, b. April 3, 1794. Godfathers, Ralph Adye, Esq., & Joseph E. Phipps, Esq., by his friend Joseph Phipps Esdaile, Esq. Godfathers, Mrs. Aletha Coucay Esdaile & Mrs. Elizth. Eastway Adye. Witness: James Evendon, Clerk. Joseph Warner, Rector
1805 – July 7 – John Kerie inft. son of Wm. Greatheed & Christina Crooke, b. Apr. 15, 1804. Godfathers, Honl. Jedediah Kerie, the Honl. John Julius & Wm. Phipps, Esq. Godmrs., Mrs. Kerie & Mrs. Titley
1822 – July 4 – Under Licence, Francis Phipps Henville of Otlevy’s estate, widower, & Sarah Ann Kelly, spinster, eldest d. of Mrs. Mary Kelly of Basseterre, widow, of the late David Kelly, Esq., Attorney-at-Law. J. P. Bartrum, Rector